[OS X TeX] Follow-up on Powerdot

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Feb 3 05:01:37 EST 2008

Am 03.02.2008 um 00:06 schrieb David Kaplan:

> Forgive my newbieness here, but I am using TeXShop.  Is there a way
> to configure TeXShop to get to Powerdot?  I believe this is through
> TeXLive, but as a newcomer to this, I don't know how this is done.

TeXShop is just a TeX front-end, an editor and a viewer. Without a
TeX backend, i.e. a working TeX installation, the front-end won't be
able to set any Powerdot documents. The MacTeX distribution is TeX
Live 2007 based and should provide Powerdot. So my recommendation is
to install MacTeX. Or TeX Live.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"No man was ever taken to hell by a woman unless he already had a
ticket in his pocket, or at least had been fooling around with
timetables."
				– Archie Goodwin