[OS X TeX] Sharing fonts

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Mon Feb 11 12:24:49 EST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008, at 7:49 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 11.02.2008 um 13:25 schrieb André Bellaïche:
>
>> I would like to share my personal files and fonts with a
>> colleague. Will it be enough
>>
>> 1) To replace his texmf-local directory by mine.
>
> Yes. Why not?

You will, of course, replace any customizations your friend has
previously set up.  If this is a problem, then do a

cd /usr/local/texlive
tar czvf texmf-local.tar.gz texmf-local

on your machine, and a

cd /usr/local/texlive
sudo tar xzvpf texmf-local.tar.gz

on his.  That way you will merge your directory with his.  CAUTION:
if there are any files with the exact same name and path, your files
will over write his---not too likely though.