[OS X TeX] Sharing fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 11 16:00:14 EST 2008

Am 11.02.2008 um 21:09 schrieb André Bellaïche:

> When I made up the fonts, I had to add lines to map files, but what
> would this be necessary today, since the map files in TeXLive are
> the original ones, and the map files in texmf-local are exactly the
> same as mine ?

You're right: in gwTeX you would copy the system's files, in TeX Live
not!

Anyway, I would not rely on copying only. After running texhash you
should run 'sudo updmap-sys --syncwithtrees' and then make it list
all available MAP file fragments and also what its active list is.
Then compare them for the two systems.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?
				- Tom Stoppard