[OS X TeX] The `%!TEX TSprogram = TeXify' line used in TeXShop ...

David Watson dewatson at mac.com
Thu Feb 14 10:02:58 EST 2008

Thanks Tom,

To be certain, I never suggested that the rest of the world should
conform to TeXShop. In fact, I rarely use TeXShop anymore, and instead
use emacs. My suggestions were meant only as possible workarounds for
a practical problem that no doubt will come up again on this list. I
don't write or review any articles for arxiv.org, nor do I know any of
the people there on any personal level. Also, I don't write the
AutoTeX software, or have any real idea of how that software works.

Arrogance is believing that people can't and won't work together to
alleviate a common problem.
Arrogance is thinking that we must work within the arbitrary limits of
what computer programs were originally designed for.
Perhaps it was out of ignorance that I suggested what I did.

But I assure you, there was no arrogance on my part.
What I said, I said because I truly wanted to help someone, which is
one of the reasons I still subscribe to this list.
There are an untold number of times that someone has mentioned a
package or use for (La)TeX that I didn't know existed, or a better way
of doing things.
I don't participate very often, but when I can give back, I do.

Sometimes when people share a common problem, it doesn't hurt to
attempt to come to a common solution.

I am arrogant about one thing - I know for certain this isn't the last
time I will read about "!%TEX TS-program" on this list!