[OS X TeX] The `%!TEX TSprogram = TeXify' line used in TeXShop ...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 14 10:42:19 EST 2008

On Feb 14, 2008, at 8:58 AM, John Dann wrote:

>> I use pdflatex most of the time but sometimes need latex->dvips-
>>> ps2pdf (TeX+Ghostscript) if the file contains lots of eps graphics
>> and xelatex for files where I want to use Mac fonts directly.
> In that case what is the full command you use? This sounds quite
> useful!
>> In  addition I use the (pdf/xe)latexmk engines
> Same again, if you have time!?
> I really appreciate the help, these sound like great timesavers.
> Jon

%%!TEX TS-program = xxxx

where xxxx=pdflatex for pdflatex, =latex for latex+etc., =xelatex for

You may have to do some configuration for the (pdf/xe)latexmk. Get the
latest Latexmk321jTeXShop.zip from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2>
and follow the instructions enclosed there to install it for use with
TeXShop. (Note: you may already have some of that installed with your
TeXShop installation but this gets you the latest version; make sure
to replace the old files with the new ones.)

Then setting xxxx=pdflatexmk will use pdflatex with latexmk (which
does the hard work of figuring things out and making the correct
runs), =latexmk for latex+etc. and =xelatexmk for using xelatex. There
are two more engines that use latexmk for processing pdftricks or pst-

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)