[OS X TeX] MinionPro Package with LiveTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Feb 17 04:20:31 EST 2008

Am 17.02.2008 um 01:10 schrieb Matthew Braham:

> noname:/Users/Matthew root#

You did it as root (I already emphasised on this) and not as yourself
with sudo. This makes a difference. When you're clever enough to
understand the difference between the super-user and some average
user you should also be so clever to understand terms like home
directory understand what the TeX configuration file expresses and
that both are independent from your momentary working directory! And
you should also understand the difference between 'sudo' and 'sudo -H'!

I'm a bad guy, too. I don't believe when Nazis say "I only followed
instructions" and then I wish to have a TeX user on a Mac that does
not think before he tries to follow given instructions ... Is there
somewhere a simplistic parallel world in reach? Simple Life 2.5?

And I'm a source of errors: see ``tmf´´ let me assume that /Library/
TeX/... has to do with the TeX Preferences pain ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your
mind.
	- D. E. Knuth, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley 1984, 1986, 1996, p. 9