[OS X TeX] environment variables

Ted Sider ted.sider at nyu.edu
Mon Feb 18 16:04:42 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm running gwTeX on Leopard.  I've used fonts purchased from Adobe
for awhile, with no problems.  But now things seem to have broken
down, and I can't seem to reinstall the fonts correctly.  The crux of
it (as far as I can tell) seems to be this:  when I run updmap, it
seems to be looking at various files in the /sw subdirectory, rather
than /usr/local/gwTeX/, which I believe used to be used.  I'm guessing
this means that for some reason a fink TeX distribution has found its
way onto my computer, as well as the gwTeX distribution that I'm
trying to use, and that some environment variables aren't set
correctly.  Does that sound right, and if so, how do I get rid of the
fink distribution and its environment variable settings?  (I already
tried simply reinstalling gwTeX using i-installer.)

I realize I have given minimal information.  I can give more
information if my guess about the source of my problem is wrong.

Ted Sider