[OS X TeX] transparency

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Feb 24 04:15:55 EST 2008

Le 24 févr. 08 à 10:01, Alessandro Languasco a écrit :

> So it would be great to pass a transparency factor to the
> \includegraphics command,
> but it seems to me that the graphicx package does not support
> this option... so I was wondering if some other
> package does.

Not sure it can help, but still: the documentation of pdfTeX /usr/
local/texlive/2007/texmf/doc/pdftex/manual/pdftex-a.pdf says on p. 40

Since pdfTEX 1.30.0 also the alpha-channel of png images is processed
if available; this allows
embedding of images with simple transparency

So it seems that if you can prepare a png version of the logo with the
required transparency, then this transparency will be honoured once
the png file has been included in the pdfteX output. Or did I
misunderstand something?

Bruno Voisin