[OS X TeX] OT: svn help

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Mon Feb 25 16:32:35 EST 2008

Hi, my apologies that this is very off topic, but I'm having problems
with svn, and I'm hoping someone here who uses it might be able to
help.  It works fine on my laptop but not on two desktop machines.
All three have the same version of svn installed, and I don't know
how to go about debugging the problem.

Here's a sample of things that work and don't work.

Machine1 (G5 running 10.4.11)  Using tsch as a shell (hence the %)
This machine's public key is known to the server, so SSH doesn't
require a password.

[Machine1]% which svn
/usr/local/bin/svn

[Machine1]% svn --version
svn, version 1.4.4 (r25188)
    compiled Jun 23 2007, 08:53:30

[Machine1]% svn list svn+ssh://path-to-my-repository
tcsh: svnserve: Command not found.
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

[Machine1]% which svnserve
/usr/local/bin/svnserve

Machine2 (G5 running 10.4.11) This machine's public key isn't known
to the server, so it prompts for a password,  This seems to change
the error for some reason.

[Machine2]% which svn
/usr/local/bin/svn

[Machine2]% svn --version
svn, version 1.4.4 (r25188)
    compiled Jun 23 2007, 08:53:30

[Machine2]% svn list svn+ssh://path-to-my-repository
Password:
bash: line 1: svnserve: Command not found.
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

[Machine1]% which svnserve
/usr/local/bin/svnserve

On my laptop (G4 running 10.4.11) svn works fine.

I'm stumped.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824      Tel.  +1-517-355-7491