[OS X TeX] Trouble accessing beamer docs

Rowland McDonnell rjmmnet-lists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 16:33:34 EST 2008

I've come across a problem accessing documentation with MacTeX 2007.

I've not moved any of the standard installed components: everything is
where it was installed (G4 iMac, 10.4.11).

texdoc beamer in Terminal.app opens the following file in Firefox.app:

If I click on Documentation->Read documentation for this package from:
bearmeruserguide.pdf, I get this message:

Firefox can't find the file at

/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-doc/doc/ exists, but contains no macros/
directory; it contains directories named after languages from bulgarian
to vietnamese.

The beamer documentation exists at this location:

Anyone got any thoughts?