[OS X TeX] Subfigure Package

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Tue Feb 26 18:29:36 EST 2008

On Feb 26, 2008, at 6:09 PM, Marco Belleschi wrote:

> I'm using TexShop for my master thesis. If I insert the package
> subfigure in the preamble I get the following error
>

> ! LaTeX Error: Command \c at lofdepth already defined.
>                Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.
>
> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.124 \newcounter{lofdepth}
>
> ?
>
> This is the preamble I'm using
>
> \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{kth-mag}
> \usepackage{url}
> \usepackage{amsmath, amsthm, amssymb}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \usepackage{textcomp}
> %\usepackage{subfigure}
> \usepackage{lmodern}
> \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
> \usepackage[swedish,english]{babel}
> \usepackage{nada-ex}

TesShop is not a compiler, it is an editor only.  Any errors you are
seeing are a result of your TeX installation, and have nothing to do
with TeXShop.  With that in mind, did you read the subfigure README?

   The subfigure package has been superseded by the subfig package.

   The newer (subfig) package is an improvement over this package and
   although this package will continue to be supported, it will no
longer
   be updated.

Perhaps you should try to the newer package and see if that fixes
your problem.