[OS X TeX] Springer Journal Template

Richard J Benish rjbenish at teleport.com
Tue Jan 1 02:24:23 EST 2008

Unlike templates I've received from other journals, the generic
template from Springer

http://www.springer.com/west/home/physics?SGWID=4-10100-70-35680179-0&detailsPage=contentItemPage&contentItemId=432913&CIPageCounter=CI_FOR_AUTHORS_AND_EDITORS_PAGE2

does not immediately render to pdf on my system ( TeXShop Version
2.10beta8 (210)).

The first error involves a line on which the letters, "gsave" appear.
The Tex Message says:

LaTeX Warning: File `g' already exists on the system.
                Not generating it from this source.

The second error says the document is missing a \begin{document]
command, when the command actually does appear (just after the
command for the journal name):

! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

How do I correct these errors?

Many thanks.

Rick Benish