[OS X TeX] kpsewhich and TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 6 15:31:23 EST 2008

On Jan 6, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Aaron Rendahl wrote:

> On comp.tex.text the following script was recommended to me for
> easily viewing sty and cls files within packages:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> emacs -f toggle-read-only `kpsewhich $*`  &
>
> Is there a way to modify it to open the file in TeXShop instead of
> emacs?
>
> Thanks so much,
> Aaron Rendahl
> University of Minnesota School of Statistics

Howdy,

Not completely sure what you're trying to do but there is a nice macro
that allows you to easily find and read included (sty, cls, tex) files
easily. Select the file name in your source and execute the macro; it
guesses the extension from the enclosing command and uses kpsewhich to
find and open the file. The macro, written by Mathew Hills, is called
Open Selection.  You can get it, and other TeXShop goodies, as part of
TeXShopKit.zip from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2/>.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)