[OS X TeX] xdvi under Tiger

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jan 9 06:44:21 EST 2008

Am 09.01.2008 um 12:04 schrieb Juergen Fenn:

> I'm stuck. :-/ What else do I have to do in order to run xdvi?

Provide a DISPLAY variable in X11's process environment.

Apple uses a rather unfriendly scheme to create a process, without
using the shell. So no shell environment variables are inherited.
This document describes it a bit: http://developer.apple.com/qa/
qa2001/qa1067.html

And this link leads to a bunch of shell scripts inside an Aqua
application that create the ~/.MacOSX stuff plus a bit more with lots
of documentation, which Jason Davies is hosting kindly: http://
www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgajpd/Academic/MacResources.html.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

How many Microsoft engineers does it take to screw in a light-bulb?
None.
They just redefine "dark" as the new standard.