[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 3, Issue 12

Dr. Clea F. Rees cfrees at imapmail.org
Mon Jan 14 20:43:04 EST 2008

Has anybody else noticed any problems displaying Latin Modern
small-caps and capitals in Adobe Acrobat (or Reader)? The problem I'm
seeing goes away if I zoom in far enough but is definitely visible at
standard zoom-levels. The heights of small-caps and/or capital letters
(which seems to depend on zooming) vary very noticeably so that a line
of letters does not look at all even. The documents look fine in
TeXShop. I can reproduce the problem with a minimal file that uses the
standard article class and just the packages needed for Latin Modern.

I did a couple of web searches but get far too many results with none
of the top results being relevant, so I am hoping somebody else might
have some ideas.

pdfTeX: 3.141592-1.40.3; pdfLaTeX; MacTeX/texlive setup;
Mac OS X 10.4.11 PPC; TeXShop 2.14; Acrobat Professional 7.0.9

Thanks.

- cfr