[OS X TeX] [ANN] BibDesk 1.3.13

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Jan 15 10:14:11 EST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 7:02 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2008, at 5:36 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>> Try replacing %e with %u0%e which will insert a character before
>> the extension if necessary.
> Thanks - that worked. Another question now:
> I want the Cite Key to show on the bibliography window (along with
> Journal, Author and Title). When I control-click on the bar I get
> the option to "Add Other..." but if I type Cite Key Bibdesk does not
> accept the space in "Cite Key" and reads it as "Citekey", which is
> added as a column but it is not understood as a valid field and
> remains empty.

You need to choose "Cite key" (with space) from the drop-down menu
next to the text field.  We don't allow typing of invalid BibTeX field
names, which caused a lot of problems in the past.

> PS: These customizations seem to have to be repeated from scratch
> every time Bibdesk is upgraded. Would it be possible to remember them?

The window/column settings are saved per-file as extended attributes,
so you should only have to enter them once.  Did you do anything to
the .bib file that might lose extended attributes?