[OS X TeX] texshop request

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 17 04:00:32 EST 2008

Scott Murman schreef:
>> On 16 jan 2008, at 20:51, Scott Murman wrote:
>>
>>> is it possible to add the engine choice to the .texshop file that
>>> is created when splitting a document into root and leaves?  right
>>> now only the document root is included in the meta info, so every
>>> time you open a section you need to manually reset the engine if it
>>> isn't the default.
>>
>> instead of using the .texshop files, you're better off using
>>
>> %SourceDoc ../thesis.tex
>>
>> or
>>
>> %!TEX root = ../thesis.tex
>
> my understanding is that these extensions are non-standard.  is this
> correct?

These do not interfere with the normal operation of TeX. There is no
standard for indicating a master file, each application uses a different
trick - otherwise I'm sure the standard would have been used. Since so
many people use emacs, you could consider their end-of-file block comment
an ad-hoc standard, although proper documentation is hard to find, and
parsing that block with regular expressions is no fun.

Jerome Laurens proposed a standard, but I thin only iTeXMac implements it.

I support both of the methods I originally mentioned in my BBEdit and TeX
integration scripts. the .texshop files are not supported by the current
version of my scripts.

Maarten