[OS X TeX] Full page image as cover

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 19 08:58:56 EST 2008

Am 28.12.2007 um 12:36 schrieb Manuel:

> did not work, even when combined with \thispagestyle{empty}, but
> the picture appeared leaving a large top margin blank, ca. a third
> of the page, and maybe a sixth of the page as left margin. I do not
> know what "ebb" or a "BB file" are.

The TeX companion programme ebb produces BB files. You can live
without ebb and its BB file output when you use pdfTeX and let it
produce PDF directly, or when you use

	\put(-7.5,-35){\includegraphics*[height=300mm,bb=0 0 215 332]{picture}}

Otherwise you'll need to supply for DVI output all necessary
information. Without this failures as observed can happen.

> With
>
> \thispagestyle{empty}
> \begin{figure}[h!]
> \vspace*{-8.5pc}
> \begin{wide}
> \hspace*{-6.6pc}\includegraphics{frontispicio_cred_8pt}
> \end{wide}
> \end{figure}
>
> I get the error message "Environment wide undefined".

What is the wide environment good for?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete