[OS X TeX] wyswyg-TeX for Linux?

Ryan Clary mrclary at umd.edu
Sun Jan 20 09:13:57 EST 2008

On Jan 20, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Back when I was a student (in LaTeX so it was only some three years
> ago) I had tried LyX but hadn't liked it. Can't remember why though.

I had tried it several years ago, as well.  I remember that I was
turned off by it because the output pdf was horrendous.  It looked
like a bad bit-map rendition.  I figured it was a bad port to Mac
OSX.  I have recently tried the latest version, 1.5.3, and have been
quite pleased.  With the ability to modify the preamble and insert raw
latex code, I don't see that there should be any limitations at all.
I will see how it goes, but I think that I may convert from TexShop.

Ryan Clary