[OS X TeX] suppress vertical line in table

David Watson dewatson at mac.com
Mon Jan 28 15:53:56 EST 2008

 From my experience, the only time booktabs will get in your way in
this manner is when you use the commands that booktabs implements,
notably, \toprule, \cmidrule, \midrule, and \bottomrule.

You are not forced to use these commands for tabular, and I do believe
regular tabular commands continue to work, and to "connect" the way
LaTeX normally does.

Your mileage may vary!