[OS X TeX] Fwd: [texhax] bug report documentation: Fonts for LATEX on OS X (2nd version)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jan 29 03:09:52 EST 2008

Le 29 janv. 08 à 08:37, Axel E. Retif a écrit :

> As requested, I'm forwarding your message to the TeX on Mac OS X
> mailing list:
>> From: Jeffrey Bolden
>> Date: 28 January, 2008 13:46:43
>> To: support at tug.org
>> Subject: [texhax] bug report documentation: Fonts for LATEX on OS X
>> (2nd version)
>> For the MacTeX distribution from you all there is a file on font
>> installation: called Installing Fonts for LATEX on OS X
>> located in TeX/TeXtras/Documentation/Fonts/fonttutorial-current.html
>> Inside this document there is a short script given:
>> input fontint.sty
>> \latinfamily{fxm}{}
>> \bye
>> This program doesn't work the first line needs to be:
>> \input fontinst.sty %% bold is lost; changes are backslash and
>> ``s''. Axel
>> \latinfamily{fxm}{}
>> \bye
>> (2 changes in bold)
>> It's a minor thing but since this is a key step its probably worth
>> correcting.

Yes these are indeed two typos. My fault. I've also met situations
(for dingbats fonts) where the fontinst instructions need to be
amended, but that was ages ago and I don't remember (having not used
fontinst since).

However the "current" in the URL is misleading: I haven't updated the
tutorial since writing it in end-2003, and won't: keeping it current
would mean too much work, and require time I don't have.

I'm cc'ing your remark to Bob Kerstetter, who took maintenance over,
and Wendy McKay, who takes care of the Mac section of the TUG web site.

Bruno Voisin

Bruno Voisin
Laboratory of Geophysical and Industrial Flows
LEGI, BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Phone: +33 4 76 82 50 45
Fax: +33 4 76 82 52 71
Email: Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr / bvoisin at mac.com
Web: www.legi.hmg.inpg.fr/~voisin/english.html