[OS X TeX] Keynote, latexit, LinkBack

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at engr.psu.edu
Wed Jan 30 11:15:18 EST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Ryan Clary wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2008, at 5:35 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
>
>>> I know that in other apps (OmniGraffle) you double-click to edit
>>> the linkback item; however, in Keynote 4 this does not work.  In
>>> Keynote 4, go to the Edit->Refresh in LaTeXiT menu item.
>>
>> Not exactly sure how this works... it looks like you can add your
>> equations to the library so you don't have to copy/paste them from
>> keynote. Is this how it's supposed to work?
>
> I don't think that I understand your question.  The Edit->Refresh in
> LaTeXiT menu item IS the linkback function.  If you select your
> equation in Keynote, then select the menu item, LaTeXiT opens with
> the equation already in the field.  By editing and typesetting, the
> equation is updated in Keynote without any copying-and-pasting; it
> is not necessary to add anything to a LaTeXiT library.

My latexit does not have Edit->Refresh. It has Library->Refresh
Current Equation. Perhaps we are talking about different versions.
Here are mine:

Kyenote '08 (4.0.1)
LaTeXiT 1.14.4 (1.14.4 for Tiger)
Keynote 4 LinkBack Plugin

Themis

PS: I apologize if this is a duplicate posting - my email has been
playing tricks on me this morning. tm.