[OS X TeX] texmf.cnf

Rob van Gerwen Rob.vanGerwen at phil.uu.nl
Tue Jul 1 11:02:12 EDT 2008

I get this error message texing a not al that large bib-tex file
"
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [save size=5000].
<to be read again>
                    {
l.5493
"
I had this same problem a few years ago and then made a change in
texmf.cnf (which was in my Fink distribution, in sw/share/texmf/web2c/
texmf.cnf)
It says there:
"save_size = 5000	% for saving values outside current group "
I changed this into:
"save_size = 8000	% for saving values outside current group"

and that did the trick. I am working now in the MacTex distribution,
but cannot find this file (texmf.cnf) anywhere. It has probably been
replaced.

Does anyone know how to solve the "capacity exceeded" problem?

Cheers,
Rob