[OS X TeX] LaTeX question regarding \pageref

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Jul 1 18:22:54 EDT 2008

On Jul 1, 2008, at 16:53, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 1 juil. 08 à 23:48, Axel E. Retif a écrit :
>
>> Beats me, really! Sometimes I get different output with
>>
>> “... <end of paragraph text>.\index{xxx}” and
>>
>> “... <end of paragraph text>.
>> \index{xxx}”
>
> Line break in the second case is seen as a space by TeX.

Right. Though I wouldn't expect a space at the end of a paragraph
affect the paragraph break when the last line reaches the right
margin. But anyway, what I do is, if I need just an index entry, <end
of paragraph text>.\index{xxx} is OK; but if more entries are needed
and I want them to be clearly visible,

<end of paragraph text>.%
\index{xxx}%
\index{xxx}%