[OS X TeX] iPhone, anyone?

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Wed Jul 9 15:19:42 EDT 2008

Le 9 juil. 08 à 20:45, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 09.07.2008 um 18:06 schrieb Bruno Voisin:
>
>> All this, of course, for 1st gen Edge iPhone. Hopefully next week
>> (French release on 17 July) we'll be pleasantly surprised with the
>> 2nd gen 3G iPhone.
>

> Germany too. Could be it's release day for the whole remainder of
> the world – except Iran or Iraq, Libya (?), Syria, North Korea ...
>

> So the problem on an iPhone is that fonts are rendered too light?
> Then, I think, the fourier package with Utopia or the arev package
> are quite adequate. IMO sans-serif or slab-serif fonts are the
> better choices for LCD screens.

thanks. I have added
http://cas.ensmp.fr/~chaplais/iPhone/fourier.pdf
and
http://cas.ensmp.fr/~chaplais/iPhone/arev.pdf
to the same folder.
Although the arev output is not as beautiful as a fine featured serif
font on a large display, it looks good on the iPhone display (IMHO).
It's even readable in portrait mode (and thanks again for the tip).

Best regards
	François