[OS X TeX] Re: Nonenumerated text in an enumerated list

John B. Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Tue Jul 29 17:39:58 EDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 05:19:33 -0700, in MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 9,
Issue 27
"Scott, Randy" <Scott_Randy at sccollege.edu> wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> First, thanks to those who responded to my last question about
> squeezing text into boxes. Your ideas worked great and I finished
> that little project.
>
> Today, I'm trying to make a handout for a class. There will be some
> text instructions, followed by some numbered problems, then more
> instructions that are to be aligned with the left margin (not with
> the enumerated text), then more numbered problems (continuing the
> enumeration from the first set of problems), more text, etc.
>
> I've read the (seemingly) pertinent sections in my "Latex
> Companion" a few times, but it seems to say that anything in an
> enumerate environment needs to be an \item.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks, as always,
>
> Randy Scott
> Santiago Canyon College
> Orange, CA

I have used this.

%% -- begin, cut here -- %%

% interitemtext.sty
%
% For inserting text between \item's in a list environment
%
% Suggested by Michel Bovani.
% <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/MacOSX-TeX-Digests/2004/MacOSX-
TeX_Digest_07-12-04.html>
%
% Useage:
%
%    \item  This is an item.
%
%    \interitemtext{This is some text not part of an item.}
%
%    \item  This is another item.

\makeatletter
\newcommand{\interitemtext}[1]{%