[OS X TeX] Nonenumerated text in an enumerated list

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 19:21:39 EDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 8:19 AM, Scott, Randy wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> First, thanks to those who responded to my last question about
> squeezing text into boxes. Your ideas worked great and I finished
> that little project.
>
> Today, I'm trying to make a handout for a class. There will be some
> text instructions, followed by some numbered problems, then more
> instructions that are to be aligned with the left margin (not with
> the enumerated text), then more numbered problems (continuing the
> enumeration from the first set of problems), more text, etc.
>
> I've read the (seemingly) pertinent sections in my "Latex
> Companion" a few times, but it seems to say that anything in an
> enumerate environment needs to be an \item.
>
> Any ideas?

Someone—I forget who, long ago, made up the following at my similar
request:

Preamble:

	            \makeatletter
	            \newcommand{\interitemtext}[1]{%
	            \begin{list}{}
	            {\itemindent=0mm\labelsep=0mm
	            \labelwidth=0mm\leftmargin=0mm
	            \addtolength{\leftmargin}{-\@totalleftmargin}}
	            \item #1
	            \end{list}}
	            \makeatother

then use interitemtext{text} between items.

Regards
--schremmer