[OS X TeX] Re: OT: OS X 10.5.3

Adam M. Goldstein a.m.goldstein at mac.com
Mon Jun 2 10:23:26 EDT 2008

On Jun 2, 2008, at 3:29 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> On 02.06.2008, at 07:36, Eberhard Lisse wrote:
>
>> Never had any problems whatsoever with this.
>>
>> But, get skim instead of xpdf (or Acrobat for that matter)
>
> Skim also uses Apple's pdf system, so you don't win anything over
> Preview in this regard. But since this bug – which I encountered
> regularly with the mathpazo package – is fixed in 10.5.3, this whole
> discussion is moot.

Moot, at least, for this particular bug. I would like some pdf viewer
that isn't dependent on Apple's pdf system, and that isn't Adobe
Reader or acrobat---xpdf seems to be the only thing out there for mac
that I can find.

Of course, I am a skim user from way back strongly recommend it to
everyone.

-Adam
=================================
Adam M. Goldstein PhD MSLIS