[OS X TeX] Re: OT: OS X 10.5.3

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Mon Jun 2 14:20:59 EDT 2008

On 02.06.2008, at 20:03, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 2 Jun 2008, at 3:58 pm, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>
>> Yeah, but if you want to be really sure that a PDF is displayed
>> correctly, there simply is no way around Acrobat/Adobe Reader.
>
> Not so. Adobe products have bugs too.
>
> I currently have an issue with certain fonts (Adobe fonts, in fact)
> not displaying correctly when embedded in PDFs and viewed in Adobe
> Reader 8 -- although the *exact same PDF files* display fine in
> earlier versions of Reader (5, 6, 7).
>
> (And in case anyone's curious, they also look wrong in PDFkit-based
> viewers like Preview, but display correctly in Poppler-based viewers
> like Evince.)

I didn't want to imply that Adobe produces bug free software, but in
the end, Acrobat remains the reference.

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„In a world getting more and more democratic, film directing is the
last resort for dictators.“ Francis Ford Coppola