[OS X TeX] Computer Modern Font Catalog Installation

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Tue Jun 10 12:24:44 EDT 2008

Le 10-juin-08 à 17:45, Arcadio Rubio García a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to find a LaTeX font that provides good math support and
> install it as native in OS X. The reason is that I'd like to use it
> in native programs such as OmniGraffle to produce figures for my
> LaTeX documents.
>
> So far, Computer Modern seems to be the best choice provided that I
> don't purchase any commercial fonts. Isn't it?
>
> CTAN has Computer Modern in TTF format, recognized by the Font
> Catalog of OS X. However, when I install them, they aren't grouped
> under the Computer Modern item. Instead, each of them appears as a
> separate typeface. Does anyone know how to fix this?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> - Arcadio

I think it would be better to use the Latin Modern fonts, that exist
in OpenType format. They have exactly the same shapes as the Computer
Modern fonts, but have also much more glyphs, in particular almost
all the accented and diacritical characters used by any Latin-
alphabet-based European language.

If you have MacTeX installed on your computer, you can retrieve the
Latin Modern Opentype fonts at /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-
distfonts/opentype/public/lm and install then in your local Library/
fonts directory (for example).

HTH,

Franck Pastor