[OS X TeX] TS and Print

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at engr.psu.edu
Fri Jun 13 09:05:01 EDT 2008

I noticed an unusual but harmless behavior in TexShop:

If you hit <apple>+P, you get the print window for the current pdf
file. If you hit <apple>+P again (without sending anything to the
printer), a second print window appears. Both windows show a preview
of the same pdf file and you can print it from either one of them.
This behavior is not seen in other programs and though harmless, I
thought there may be a little award for bringing it up.

This behavior has a small variation which may explain its origin:

a. if you <apple>+P while the pdf is the active window, the print
window that appears is attached to the pdf; at this point a second
<apple>+P will open a new, unattached print window.

b. if you <apple>+P while the latex file is active, the print window
that appears is unattached; a second <apple>+P at this point causes
the computer to complain with a beep.

It seems, therefore, that the second print window is activated by the
source file which then calls for the printing of the pdf.

Themis