[OS X TeX] updmap command not found

Andrei Sobolevskii ansobol at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 07:35:54 EDT 2008

Hi Robert,

In Leopard the PATH variable gets set with a different procedure than
in previous Mac OS X version, and most likely you see the result of
this new behavior.

Create in your /etc/paths.d directory the file "TeX" with a single
line "/usr/texbin" and in your /etc/manpath.d directory the file "TeX"
with contents "/Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/
Man" (all without quotes), this should allow the system to properly
set PATH for you.

For more details see LeopardTexFix at http://www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html
  (scroll to the bottom).

HTH,