[OS X TeX] How Long...

Robert Bruner rrb at math.wayne.edu
Sat Jun 21 13:59:01 EDT 2008

Jason Davies wrote:

> Herbert Schulz wrote on 21/6/08 at 14:28
>

> >So, let the discussion begin. How many people, especially at
> >Universities and other Organizations, which distribute software via
> >Disk still need Panther versions?
>
> I've got one at home and my dept uses a few. But then, they
> already have things installed and don't especially need updating
> (if it ain't broke, don't fix..)

This is my attitude exactly.  If people are still running 10.3,
then they probably aren't installing the latest TeX.  If they do
want to, the older releases of TeX can still be retrieved, no?

I am one of these people who lags behind the leading edge by a bit,
and when something like this comes along and forces me to catch up, it
is not always a bad thing.

Bob Bruner