[OS X TeX] Leopard, MacTeX2007 and gv

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Jun 27 04:11:45 EDT 2008

Le 27 juin 08 à 10:01, Martin Costabel a écrit :

> The real problem is that gv is linked to libXaw3d which is not part
> of Apple's installation of X11 (and never has been). The version of
> libXaw3d that was installed on the computer where Eric's version of
> gv was built must have come from some third party that placed it
> into /usr/X11R6/lib. More recent installations of libXaw3d (for
> example from Fink) don't do this, they install it somewhere
> privately, Fink for example in /sw/lib/libXaw3d.7.dylib.
>
> If this version of gv comes from MacTeX, and if it is really linked
> against /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw3d.7.dylib, this would be a serious bug.
> If it's Eric's private version, it needs to be rebuilt (or modified
> with some appropriate tool) so as to link against the version of
> libXaw3d installed on his computer.

As far as I know Ghostview is not part of MacTeX. There's an i-Package
for it, and it requires Xaw3d. From the Readme:

• Package requires an install of Xaw3d.

Normally i-Installer takes care of such dependencies, by requiring the
user to install Xaw3d first. Not sure that the OP used i-Installer,
then.

Bruno Voisin