[OS X TeX] a suggestion

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 03:25:13 EST 2008

This brings up something that it's best to bring to ludwik's
attention as early as possible. To get quotes the right way in LaTeX,
you need to use the backtick ` for the left quote, and the regular
quote symbol ' for the right quote. If you want double quotes, you
want to use two of these ``like this''. If you use "this", then
you'll see in your resulting pdf that both quotes face the same way,
not what you want usually.

Depending on what language you write in, there are special ways to
produce the proper quotes in that language, but I'll leave that to
others who write in languages other than English.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College