[OS X TeX] TeX PDFs

Nathan Paxton napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 4 08:53:58 EST 2008

	Wow. It must have been a while since I printed out a file.

	All righty. Filed away.

	Thanks for letting me know about the Adobe trick. Not my preference
either, but ya gotta print out sometimes.

	Hope they fix this soon.

-N
On 4 Mar 2008, at 8:04 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2008, at 11:11 PM, Nathan Paxton wrote:
>
>> 	Hi all,
>>
>> 	I'm using gwtex on a PPC system with OS X 10.5.2. For some reason,
>> whenever I try to print out a PDF produced by LaTeX, it causes the
>> viewer program to crash, whether Skim, Preview or TeXShop. Is there
>> anything that could cause this? What more information can I give?
>>
>> 	I've never had this problem until this evening, it seems.
>>
>> Best,
>> -Nathan
>>

> Howdy,
>
> This is a bug in Leopard. I was hoping it would be fixed in the
> omnibus 10.5.2 update but it wasn't. Apple does know about this but
> it won't hurt to `kick the tires' again.
>
> A temporary work around is to print the files that crash Preview
> (actually a lower level print facility which then crashes Preview,
> TeXShop, etc.) using Adobe Reader. I choke every time I have to say
> that. :-(
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

----------
Nathan A. Paxton
Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Government, Harvard University

Resident Tutor
John Winthrop House, Harvard University

napaxton AT fas DOT harvard DOT edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~napaxton
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
When you have to stay eight years away from California, you live in a
perpetual state of homesickness.
         - Ronald Reagan

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud.
         -Coco Chanel
=
=
=