[OS X TeX] Re: users and groups on Leopard

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Mon Mar 10 21:38:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

Dear Bruno, I feel bad to give you such a poor answer considering you
usually provide us with answers that must take quite a bit of time to
prepare and are always very helpful. But here it is anyway.

I recently bought "Take control of permissions in Leopard" at

<http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/leopard-permissions.html>

In fact this is an upgrade, I bought the Tiger version of this pdf
book a while back. I am pretty sure the answer is in there, but I did
not have time to read it yet and do not foresee a chance to do so for
a while yet.

But this is fairly cheap to purchase and the Tiger version was quite
well done.

Sincerely,

Denis
Le 08-03-10 à 15:00, macosx-tex-request at email.esm.psu.edu a écrit :

> Sorry for abusing this list with such an OT question, but after 2
> hours of search I'm about to give up and try here as last-resort
> measure before giving up completely.
>
> Does anybody know how on Leopard one can access the list of users and
> groups on a given Mac, together with their numeric equivalents (=
> ids)? Here I mean not just the account owners on the Mac, but all the
> users and groups defined by OS X for its various components and
> services. On Tiger and before (or was it Panther?) it was very easy
> using /Applications/Utilities/NetInfo Manager. On Leopard:
>
> - There's /Applications/Utilities/Directory Utility, but it doesn't
> seem to do exactly the same job.

I recently purchased