[OS X TeX] diagrams

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 05:23:45 EDT 2008

On 10.03.2008, at 12:32, Alessandro Languasco wrote:

> Hi
> I think that Xy-pic is widely used by Mathematicians
> http://www.tug.org/applications/Xy-pic/

Yes it is, but the look is very often somehow un-TeX-like, and
I miss some flexibility.  At the moment I am using pstricks and
especially the psmatrix environment, but I am planning to toy
with pgf/tikz and see what I can do with it.

In the teaching section of my web page

you can find the exercises for a crypto course - I provided also
the sources for my students to peruse - and also as a blueprint
in case they want to submit their solutions electronically.  In
these files pstricks has been used.
For instance

contains a diagram with curved arrows. Another example

and a more complex example in

The exercises and solutions will disappear at the beginning of next
semester (second week of April), so if you are curious grab them now ;-)

I do not pretend these examples to be masterly - a few fine placing
techniques can probably be done much better - but they can be taken
as a starting point to make more complex stuff.  Sorry for the German,
but I teach at a german university...