[OS X TeX] Feature Request Math Bracket

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 16:42:16 EDT 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 4:19 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> TeXShop does have a couple of features that can help.
>
> 1)Check `Parens Matching' in TeXShop->Preferences->Document->Editor
> and when you use a closing delimiter the cursor will jump to the
> matching opening delimiter momentarily

so fast that I had never noticed.

> and hi-light it.

that it does not.

> 2)If you Double Click on a delimiter (opening or closing) all the
> text between the opening and closing delimiter, including the
> delimiters, will get selected.

that it does. very convenient too.

> You could set up a keyboard mapping (known as Auto Complete) that
> will always put in matched delimiter pairs with the cursor between
> them but I find that more of a distraction than a help.

Can I actually write the word "Excel"? Since I did, I might as well
mention that I do like Excel's parentheseses color matching. Not to
mention that it offers to correct mistakes and is usually correct.

Regards
--schremmer