[OS X TeX] [OSX-TeX] Feature Request Math Bracket

Robert Blackstone blackstone.robert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 17:29:55 EDT 2008

>On Mar 12, 2008, at 5:17 AM, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:

>> On Mar 12, 2008, at 2:56 AM, Richard J Benish wrote:
>>> If you would benefit from having the brackets in equations color
>>> coded or be tagged in some other way so that one can see which
>>> left goes with which right and immediately find orphan brackets,
>>> raise your hand.
>> Like Emacs/Aquamacs does?

>Yeah, or TextMate also.

>Both of these programs will also automatically insert a closing
>bracket when you insert the opening one, btw, so the chances of
>orphaned brackets go down.

For what it's worth: there exists a small utility, or rather a
Preference Pane, called AutoPairs, freely downloadable from
which does the same, not only for all types of brackets but also, if
desired, for quotes. It works perfectly in Tiger for most
applications, the only exceptions I found on my system up till now
being MS Word and Spotlight.

Robert Blackstone