[OS X TeX] [OSX-TeX] Feature Request Math Bracket

Robert Blackstone blackstone.robert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 17:29:55 EDT 2008

>On Mar 12, 2008, at 5:17 AM, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:

>> On Mar 12, 2008, at 2:56 AM, Richard J Benish wrote:
>

>>> If you would benefit from having the brackets in equations color
>>> coded or be tagged in some other way so that one can see which
>>> left goes with which right and immediately find orphan brackets,
>>> raise your hand.
>>>

>> Like Emacs/Aquamacs does?

>Yeah, or TextMate also.

>Both of these programs will also automatically insert a closing
>bracket when you insert the opening one, btw, so the chances of
>orphaned brackets go down.

For what it's worth: there exists a small utility, or rather a
Preference Pane, called AutoPairs, freely downloadable from
http://www.jwwalker.com/pages/autopairs.html
which does the same, not only for all types of brackets but also, if
desired, for quotes. It works perfectly in Tiger for most
applications, the only exceptions I found on my system up till now
being MS Word and Spotlight.

Robert Blackstone