[OS X TeX] autocomplete cite commands in editor with bibdesk on leopard

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sat Mar 15 16:03:28 EDT 2008

On Mar 14, 2008, at 11:45 PM, William Morris wrote:

> I've upgraded to leopard and i miss this feature. Is there are way
> to hack this feature back?

If you're using a TeX front end, you can lobby the developer to
include the feature.

> I've got as far copying bibdesk's inputmanager to /Library/
> InputManagers and changing the owner to root, but that doesn't bring
> the preference pane back in bibdesk, that was present in Tiger. Not
> that i thought it would ;)
>
> Has anyone done this, is it possible?

It's only possible by modifying BibDesk.  It was removed for good
reason, so you're totally on your own as far as installing the plugin
or debugging any breakage it causes.

Assuming you manage to install the plugin, you can edit ~/Library/
Preferences/net.sourceforge.bibdesk.inputmanager.plist by hand.
Here's an example if you don't have the file already.  Replace
com.apple.Xcode with whatever application you want, or add more
applications.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd
">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Application bundles that we recognize</key>
	<array>
		<string>com.apple.TextEdit</string>
		<string>com.apple.Xcode</string>
	</array>