[OS X TeX] Texmaker

Christoph Hoh lists.ch at freenet.de
Sun Mar 16 17:37:52 EDT 2008

Dear Allan,

looks like there's no gcc on my Mac:

Last login: Sun Mar 16 22:35:51 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
macbook:~ christoph$ which gcc
no gcc in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/texbin
macbook:~ christoph$

Is it available on the Mac OS X DVD as well. Or somewhere on the
internet?

Thanks so much!

Regards,
Christoph

Am 16.03.2008 um 22:33 schrieb Alan Munn:

At 10:21 PM +0100 3/16/08, Christoph Hoh wrote:
> Dear Allan,
>
> thanks for your help. I have installed the Developer Tools from the
> Mac OS X DVD and I have tried to follow your instructions. At
> step ./configure I receive the following error message:
>
> macbook:~/desktop/ghostscript-8.62 christoph$ ./configure
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cl.exe... no
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> I don't know what to do next since my OS X skills are rather limited.
>
> Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Try logging out and logging back in.  When you start up a terminal
and type

$ which gcc

it should return /usr/bin/gcc

If that works, then try the configure phase again.

Alan