[OS X TeX] Cancelling columns?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 07:00:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 9:50 PM, David Derbes <loki at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> I apologize for what is probably a simple thing, but it's defeated me
>  for a while now.

Well, it is not. I am afraid that the simplest solution would be to
draw vertical lines and I would do it using package textpos which
allows very precise absolute positioning on the page of whatever (text
or graphics) you want. The trouble is that if everything moves because
you changed things vertical lines would remain in the same places.
This is a murky business.

I prefer in the following situations to change color to gray (washed
out) instead of crossing out. The other solution would be to use
colortbl to highlight the rows/columns instead of crossing them out
(you can select the level of grayness or, if you use package pgf/tikz
even the opacity in some cases at least).

PS macosx-tex is not the best place to ask questions not related to
TeX-on-Mac OSX. There is texhax list with a lot of knowledgeable Unix
and even Windoze (surprise! surprise!) users