[OS X TeX] Re: Leopard MacTeX PATH problems, still

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 23 02:48:23 EDT 2008

David Airey wrote:
[]
> Before I try to follow what you say, I want to make absolutely sure I
> don't screw things up. My understanding is that your previous scripts
> failed to change my files
>
> /etc/csh.login
> /etc/login
>
> because I had upgraded from Tiger and these files had previously been
> modified, and so are still active, and my other files like, /etc/
> paths.d/TeX, are being ignored, despite being installed correctly.
>
> These two files above currently have contents, respectively:
>
> --paste--
> # System-wide .login file for csh(1).
>
> setenv PATH "/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin"

Your easiest way to fix the situation, even easier than what Richard
Koch said, is to replace your old Tiger /etc/csh.login (which does not
contain anything worth keeping anyway) by the new Leopard one (which you
will also have on your machine, as David Watson mentioned):

  sudo cp /etc/csh.login.system_default /etc/csh.login

--
Martin