[OS X TeX] Scandinavian {\aa} ??

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Mon Mar 24 17:00:55 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, Bruce Kellogg wrote:

> The name G{\aa}rding, produces an error message on my version of TeXShop.

Assuming that this is the a with ring over it: G\aa rding should work:
note the space after "\aa".

Alternatively, "\r{a}" for the a with ring: G\r{a}rding.

I've been using the following latex commands for the three SE letters:

\"{a} \"a \"{A} \"A  the a with two dots over it
\"{o} \"o \"{O} \"O  the o with two dots over it, as in f\"{o}r (for)
\r{a} \r{A}   (the a with the ring over it)

I've got them from George Gr\"{a}tzer's Short_Course.pdf (at CTAN) from
his book Math Into LaTeX (p.512).

Roussanka