[OS X TeX] Re: List of feature requests on this list

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Tue Mar 25 15:31:24 EDT 2008

Alain,

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> 1) I thought that keeping track of the features requested on this list  for
> TeXShop might be helpful.
> 2) I am not too good at it but should improve.

Your initiation is great and honorable! And you are doing it
excellently: for such a task, one needs knowing well enough TeXShop; and
not everybody has the sense and patience to filter out the essentials of
our requests (esp. mine, sometimes messy and rushed descriptions of even
messier rushed thoughts :-(

> 3) This is ABSOLUTELY NOT a substitute to making requests on SourceForge (It
> started as a way to gauge the importance accorded to wishes on this list but,
> while that didn't seem to generate much interest, the "keeping track" seems
> to have.)

(Note on your remark in parentheses: On our behalf, i.e. requesters', we
should do our best to help you in this not-so-easy task. So, I do my best
:-)

Because in L you say "see Loukanova...", perhaps it would be good to add
also "25 Mar 2008 07:47:57 +0100 (CET)", may be even "(and x)", where x is
the time of this note. I think the argument which I tried to express is
important: indeed TeXShop is extraordinary valuable TeX editor + pdf
viewer, on a par with the values of Emacs. This is why I think
synchronization Emacs <-> TeXShop would be valuable. (For the time being,
I am switching all the time between several pdf viewers...)

Roussanka