[OS X TeX] APA "Figure Captions"

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine hindiogine at gmail.com
Fri May 2 13:10:32 EDT 2008

Greetings!

I am a fairly happy user of LaTeX on OSX 10.4.11, Intel.   I am
writing a term paper due this evening using APA format.

Just about everything works well except for the following:

At the end of the PDF document I have where it should be a page with
"Figure Captions" at the top, but there in nothing else on that page.
The following pages have my 4 figures as it should be.

At the beginning of the paper I have the section "Figure Caption" and
the list of 4 figures as it should be.

Here is my preamble and beginning of the tex file:

%! program = pdflatex
\documentclass[man,12pt]{apa}

\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry{letterpaper}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{apacite}
\usepackage{url}

\linespread{1.5}

\title{.....}
\author{......}
\affiliation{......}
\shorttitle{.......}
\rightheader{.......}
\note{.........}

\abstract{.....}

\acknowledgements{\noindent{.......}}

%%% BEGIN DOCUMENT
\begin{document}

\maketitle
\tableofcontents
\listoffigures

\begin{figure}[tp]
  \centering
  \fitfigure{Bloom-1984.pdf}
  \caption{The 2-Sigma challenge}
  \label{fig:bloom}
\end{figure}

I wonder why the "Figure Captions" page at the end is empty.  Any ideas?

Also, how can I have the dots that connect the text to the page number
in the table of contents as it is in the List of figures?

Thanks in advance,
Enrico

--
Enrico Indiogine