[OS X TeX] succesfully installed package exceltex

Gert van Oss gertmt at mac.com
Thu May 8 06:19:57 EDT 2008

Thank you all for the help on installing the exceltex package on my
Mac OS X system. I needed the full background some of you gave me as
the folder ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex didn't exist. Reading through
you're e-mails this is what gave me a successful installation:

In ~/Library created the directories:

texmf/
	tex/
		latex/

cp ~/Downloads/exceltex/exceltex.sty ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/
exceltex.sty

In ~/Library created a directory: Scripts

cp ~/Downloads/exceltex/exceltex ~/Library/Scripts/exceltex
chmod a+x ~/Library/Scripts/exceltex

in my ~/.proflle included the line:

	PATH=${PATH}:${HOME}/Library/Scripts; export PATH

Quit Terminal and start new session

The exceltex_0.5.01 download from http://www.physik.uni-freiburg.de/~doerr/debian/
  has a test file. It took me a while to find out that I should:
First typeset the test.tex (in the Terminal it didn't work but with
Textmate it did)
Second in the Terminal: exceltex test.tex
Third typeset test.tex with Textmate again

and... I ended up with a beautiful set of tables.

Happy as a kid, thanks again for all help!

Gert