[OS X TeX] Ghostscript 8.62

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon May 12 02:12:54 EDT 2008

On  11 May, 2008, at 12:32, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

> On Sun, 11 May 2008, Eric van der Oord wrote:
>
>> I-Installer makes a good install of gv on intel machines.
>
> hi,
>
> For some reason, it fails on my machine: MBP Intel OSX 10.5.2. When
> I try to install Ghostview with i-Installer, I get:
>
> The remote package has the same timestamp as the local package. No
> update required.
> Checking (required) dependency set 0 (all should be available).
> Reason: X11R6 + Xaw3d needs to be installed on your system

[...]

> I do not know where to find X11R6 + Xaw3d in order to install it. I
> had installed Xaw3d Library for X11R6 with i-Installer. I have
> X11.app installed in Utilities.

As far as I understand, Leopard is using a different X server than
Tiger, and the one that shipped with the Leopard install disks has
some problems. The most recent and actively developed version of the
X server for Leopard is found here:

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/Releases

I hope Martin Costabel, a great contributor to Apple's X11 mailing
list and also a regular here, can brief us about this.

I don't know if you will succeed installing Ghostview from the i-
Package, given that i-Installer probably will be looking for
something that has changed in Leopard's X11.

Best,

Axel