[OS X TeX] getting pdflatex to use Adobe fonts instead of Nimbus.

George Nurser gnurser at googlemail.com
Tue May 13 07:44:45 EDT 2008

I'm sure this is a FAQ, but results from Googling have left me confused.
I'm running TexLive 2007, and wish to get pdflatex (& possibly
dvi2ps?) to use Adobe fonts instead of the Nimbus fonts, for use with
Illustrator etc.
There is a file  updmap.cfg  in /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/web2c

If I edit this file (I seem to have direct write permission on it, no
need for sudo) to comment out the line
LW35 URWkb

and replace by

it makes no difference.

I suspect I should edit /usr/texbin/updmap
to replace the line
  test -z "$mode" && mode=ADOBEkb

and then do updmap or sudo updmap, but am a little reluctant to do
this unless I'm sure I'm doing the right thing.

Any advice appreciated. George Nurser.